Home Furnishing Trends and Highlights from High Point
Held every April and October, High Point Market is the premier event in home furnishings, which takes place in High Point, North Carolina. More new products are launched at the Market than at any other home furnishings show on earth. This is where the people of our industry connect from around the globe to network and build their careers, and where industry thought leaders present their latest and best ideas.
This year's fall market did not disappoint and increased our knowledge on what products are available in this challenging time. We also saw the latest trends and attended the Style Spotters brunch, where the hottest products were showcased.
Here are some of my key takeaways that are useful whether you’re selling or looking to refresh your home:
1. Asymmetrical furniture is here to stay. These pieces create interest, but are balanced and still exhibit tension in their design.
2. Curved furniture is also on trend. Since design goes in 50-year cycles, think of furniture with rounded corners. It is great use of space in open floor plans and makes a space more conversational.
3. Leather accents are all over design. Leather is being mixed in fabrics, cabinet pulls, hardware, wood, and even light fixtures. It adds a great element of texture to any space or accent!
4. Stand out color: Green. The desire to return to nature and incorporate plants again in your décor beckons to rich, dark green. This could mean incorporating lots of velvet green, even if you’re using an all neutral palette.
5. Statement hardware. Statement hardware is great not only for bathrooms and kitchens, but also integrated into furniture. They can add a lot of personality to your dresser drawers or entertainment console!
6. Caning is back! Remember I mentioned the 50-year cycle of design? It has brought caning back, but this time it’s being incorporated in new ways. Four Hands showed this fabulous sofa with curves, caning and neutral fabric to bring it into 2022.
7. Boucle, all day! Boucle is great fabric choice that just evokes comfort - so cozy and full of great texture!
8. Rugs that are washable! Surya had their own version of the popular washable brand that not only looks great, but is so easy to maintain! Surya is my go-to rug vendor for anything from one-of-kinds to these new concept rugs.
We are working to bring these products into our designs so we can stage your home to sell in style. If you want to learn more, just contact us - we’d love to chat with you about these upcoming trends!
Mombo Interiors is Austin’s premier home staging service that partners with home sellers, REALTORS®, builders, and investors in the Austin area to prepare homes to sell fast and for a greater profit. We offer occupied and vacant staging services. From staging, to market preparation and social media, we are the essential marketing partners to sell your home. We also provide services for homes in need of a refresh. Professionally staged homes not only sell faster, but usually for a higher ROI. Let us know how we can help you!